Thursday 14 April 2016

Shave For A Cure

Rosie steps down onto the shaving chair. Her hands are wobbly and unstable like a hanging bridge over a canyon. Bobbie-Jo turns on the sharp razor and swivels around, staring right into Rosie's nervous blue eyes. My eyelids shut close with a mixture of excitment and worry.


I hear people chanting out Rosie's name and the noise echoes right through my head. I couldn't resist anymore and I opened my eyes to see a white, cold, tennis-ball head replacing my friends short golden locks.

Everyone cheers and claps and makes Rosie go red in the face. She races over to her friends including me and gives us all big bear hugs. Inside my head I still knew she was my friend no matter what, and now she's made a difference for people with cancer. Then Lexie stands up.

By Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment